Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Hate Poo!!

I had jury duty today. That was kinda lame and an interesting experience. Some strange people come out for that. I wasn't picked for the jury, thank goodness. However, I have fulfilled my civic duty for 2 years.
I went to work and worked with some of my favorite people there. We had conversations about poo.
I also learned about two more girls on my hall that don't like me. This is the first time so many people haven't liked me, at least that I know of. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am a little tired which means I am a little more impatient but still, I can usually tell when I am acting like that and I haven't felt myself acting like that at all. I don't know what to do to fix it. I feel really alone on my hall right now. They don't want me to be their RA. They don't like me. Being an RA sucks as it is. I am hating this right now. I feel even more drained and I feel like crying. It really really really sucks when people don't like, especially when you don't know why.

1 comment:

Ali said...

You, Katie Garcia, are a funny, intelligent, and genuinely caring individual. And while we haven't ever lived together, I feel I can tell you that those girls on your hall will never be half the woman you are. It's hard to deal with the fact that the people you live with may not like you all the time, but I don't think there's anyone in the world that likes living with a huge group of people all the time. I think that the best you can hope to do as an RA is to be as kind and approachable as possible, and if some of the girls don't appreciate that, then that's their problem not yours. University is surprisingly like high school in that regard - there will always be someone there not liking you because it gives them somewhere to chanel their insecurities. Also, as an RA you are kind of in a position of authority and people have always hated 'the man' for whatever reason. The very nature of enforcing rules is going to rub at least someone the wrong way.

Chin up, my dear! The break is coming up soon and then you won't have to deal with rude girls in your hall for several weeks.

And if all else fails...well, I still love you! Good luck.