Wednesday, November 7, 2007

People are a wonderful thing

I am so lucky to have certain people in my life. I am constantly reminded of the importance of having people in your life you can just talk to. People that are completely on the same page as you. While they have a different life, a different background, and a different viewpoint they just "get" you. They really listen to what you are saying because they want to, not because they have to. They are the type of people that understand you when you aren't exactly sure what you are trying to say. These people are the ones you don't have to put up a front for. You know that you can be completely and entirely yourself and they won't judge you for the subtle or glaringly obvious flaws in your life. They will however speak that truth into your life. They will loving nudge you down the path that you both know is right. They will tell you the truth when there is something you need to change. And do you know what? You will actually listen to those people. You will not take personal offense to it, you know they are telling you this because they truly and genuinly care and want to help you. These are the people that make your soul happy, filled, and refreshed after a conversation that ended up being three hours but felt like minutes. They are the ones that are your life raft in times of pain, loneliness, and exhaustion.
Thank you to all of those people in my life. You give me confidence and remind of who I truly am.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I miss yooooooouuuu!!

bobby said...

Your welcome. Glad I was able to help!

*DISCLAIMER: For all those reading, I actually did nothing, but since it was left so open ended, I just thought I'd go ahead and take credit. That's all.