Monday, November 26, 2007

Santa Cruz is a Nuclear Free Zone

I think that there will be a nuclear bomb going off that I don't know about. Everyone seems to be getting the heck out of here but I am just unaware so I am still around. I presented my hypothesis to Ryan and he reminded me that Santa Cruz is a nuclear free zone. I had forgotten about that. Now I have no idea what the reason is for everyone leaving.
My youth pastor and his wife are moving to Washington to be the senior pastors at a small church in Nooksack, WA. Weird name, I know. This really sucks for many reasons
a) This will be youth pastor #5 that has left since I started attending youth group 8 years ago. That is a lot of youth pastors for those of you that don't have a point of refrence. PK and Rachel have stayed here for 2 years and 4 months which is the record so far.
b) They are really important to me and my life and I have learned so much from PK. I will miss them a lot.
c) After 5 youth pastors it is hard not to let yourself believe the lie that something must be wrong with our youth group
d) This is breaking the student's hearts. They are completely and utterly devastated. Some of them are beginning to shut down already and some are becoming calloused.
e) The youth leaders are going to do a whole lot more to keep things afloat until a new youth pastor comes. This brings me to my next subject:

The main RA on my floor is not coming back next semester. That is right, I am moving up the food chain. You are reading the writing of the new regular, not assistant, RA of Harp 1. This means doing pretty much the same stuff I did before but with twice the scholarship. I will also be the sole leadership on the floor and I have to cut back on my other time commitments such as work hours and youth group. That really sucks. But, I will also either have nonexistent or nearly nonexistent payments each month for school. That is pretty nice. Still, everything is so confusing. I wish I knew God's plan now.

No comments: