Saturday, November 3, 2007

Update

Alright, I will bypass the enormous blog seeing as people (PB&J) begged me not to write a long one. Quick update on what has been happening
Sharefest=amazing. Hope more people get involved in it next year
Life Group=wonderful. So happy to be in a group with other adults, really examining life and Scripture
Starbucks=fun yet very overwhelming. Show some love to your barista next time you go in. It is a whole lot harder than it looks!
Life=extremely busy
Ryan=most amazing person I know. Counting down the days (13!) until I see him again

Why does it seem like everyone around me is getting engaged? It seems like at least once a week I hear about another friend who is getting hitched. Did I miss something? Or rather, did Ryan miss something? Is this a phenomenon that only occurs at small Christian university campuses or is this a world wide movement?

2 comments:

Ali said...

DEFINATELY only happens in small Christian universities.

Don't worry, you and Ryan have plenty of time! It's not like he's going to get up and run away if you don't somehow get him to propose to you as soon as possible. I know how important this is to you, and I'm sure it will happen eventually, but don't worry about it. You both have a least 2 1/2 years left in university...I really think waiting until then is a good idea, only because then you can focus on your job and your marriage, whereas school offers very little room for that. Ryan has been here for the last 2 (almost 3!) years and he has shown absolutely no signs of wanting to be anywhere else, right? I'd suggest giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting a while longer. That way, you can put all of yourself into the things you truely love, including your marriage.

I can imagine being a barista must be killer hectic! Customer service = LAME but it gets easier. The steep learning curve tends to beat you to death, but if it's anything like working at a grocery store, then after the first month or so you finally get good at it and then it becomes crushingly dull. Just kidding, it just becomes less insane.

I miss you, my other half! 5 1/2 weeks (or so) until I come home! I am SOSOSOSO rediculously excited! PLEASE say you'll be in SC on the 14th!!

Love!

bobby said...

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gotten engaged recently.